Happy summer, Luxx residents! We hope your summer started great and continues to get better! If you have summer classes, study hard and keep pushing! Nevertheless, we hope you have an amazing summer, no matter what it is that you’re doing. We hope to see you at some of our amazing events coming up and value your feedback! If you have any ideas for events you’d like to see, email RD Joey at email@example.com. Stay safe and, as always, let us know if you need anything at all. We’re here for you!
As usual, the Texas heat is sweltering! To keep you electricity bill down, turn your A/C up when you leave the apartment. Don’t turn it off and on because this can break the unit.
Reminders and Updates
Remember that trash must be in a tied trash bag and placed inside the valet waste trash can outside your door so it can be properly removed.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Living at The Luxx Is Krazy Fun — July 2 @ noon — CA Macy will have water bottles with Krazy Straws and single Kool-Aid packets.
Popsicles — July 4 @ 3 p.m. — CA Tyler will be passing out popsicles to her zone to keep them cool in the hot weather!
Fruity Friday — July 6 @ 8 p.m. — Come enjoy fruit cups while listening to live music and meeting your neighbors!
CA-ndy Bags — July 10 @ 6 p.m. — Look out for CA Keziah as she passes out candy bags to her zone!
Taco Night — July 12 — Join CA Tyler in the clubhouse for a taco night like no other!
FIFA Tournament — July 13 @ 6:30 p.m. — Join CA Jose in the clubhouse for a FIFA tournament on the PS4! There will be prizes for first, second, and third places!
Summer Treats — July 17 @ 6 p.m. — CA Bryanna will be bringing bags of sweets to the residents in her zone! Make sure you’re home!
DIY Door Decor — July 18 from 6–8 p.m. — Join CA Macy in the clubhouse for a DIY door decoration event like you’ve never seen before. Snacks and supplies will be provided.
CA Summer Mashup — July 19 from 6–8 p.m. — Join CAs Bryanna and Nancy for snow cones and popcorn in the clubhouse!
Doggy Day — July 23 @ 3 p.m. — Bring your furry friends to the clubhouse for gift bags full of goodies for you and your four-legged counterparts.
DIY Tie-Dye Shirts — July 25 @ 8 p.m. — Join CA Keziah in the clubhouse for DIY tie-dye shirts! Supplies will be provided.
Fruit Snacks and Fun — July 26 @ 6 p.m. — If you live in CA Nancy’s zone, be on the lookout for her! She’ll be passing out fruit snacks and other goodies.
Bagels on the Go — July 30 @ 10 a.m. — Stop by the office on your way to work or school for some bagels and coffee!