Dear Luxx pets,
It has come to our attention that a lot of your owners have failed to properly register you with the leasing office. We would like to ask that you kindly remind your owner that you need to be registered by November 15. After that, your owner may face fines, and you may not be able to live with us any longer.
- Towing is now being enforced! Please make sure that your guests are parking in the designated guest spots located at the back of the property. Also, make sure if you have covered parking, you are parking in your assigned spot. If you need assistance finding your designated spot or need your covered parking pass, feel free to stop by the leasing office. Towing can cost up to $350.
- Trash needs to be placed in the trash rooms located on every floor. Please make sure the bags are tied and closed to help the trash valet service.
- If the batteries are low in your smoke detectors, please put in a maintenance request with the front office. Don’t try to service them yourselves.
Reminders & Updates
After-hours lockouts are $25 per instance. If you need an after-hours lockout, please call the office to be connected to the on-call courtesy line.
A friendly reminder that rent is always due in full on the first of the month. Late fees start on the fourth.
If you have an after-hours issue related to your apartment, we ask that you call the office to be connected with the appropriate person.
We love our residents!
Google yourself. Your future may depend on it.
Whether graduation is on the horizon, or you’re looking for an internship or to take the next step in your career, it’s important you are ready to shine, both online and off. The job and internship search is no longer just about your resume. Your entire online presence is part of your overall brand. According to CareerBuilder’s annual social media recruitment survey, 52% of employers are going online to research candidates. 48% of hiring managers found information online that led them not to hire candidates, including inappropriate photos (46%), information about drinking or drug use (40%), defamatory posts (29%), and even bad-mouthing of a former company or fellow employee (34%).
Here are some tips to look your best when that potential employer hits the search button:
- Research yourself. Log out of your social media accounts and do some searches for yourself on search engines and social media sites.
- Create an attractive and comprehensive LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn has features that allow you to showcase your education, classwork, and projects. According to Forbes, over 97% of employers in a recent survey used LinkedIn for recruiting.
- Get a professional-looking headshot for LinkedIn and other public-facing online profiles.
- Utilize your campus career center!
As a resident of a Campus Advantage community, we want to help you achieve your full potential. Stay tuned for career success events and additional resources, and don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of support in any way!
Community Events Calendar
Food Drive — All Month
Donate canned and non-perishable goods to the leasing office during the month of November, and we’ll get them to local families in need!
Thankful Thursdays — Every Thursday
Stop by the office any Thursday in November to send a postcard off to someone you’re thankful for!
Voter Registration — November 3 from noon–2:00 p.m.
Stop by the clubhouse and get information on the upcoming elections so you can be an informed voter!
Pizza and PD — November 4
Come by the clubhouse to have an informative chat with the local police about personal safety while you chow down on some delicious pizza!
Spirit Day — November 5 from 5:00–7:00 p.m.
Help us celebrate UTSA homecoming with free food, drinks, and fun! Don’t forget to show your Roadrunner pride.
Grocery Bingo — November 10 @ 5:00 p.m.
Come by the clubhouse for everyone’s favorite event, and win some free groceries. You’ll have lots of fun and could stock up your pantry!
Thanksgiving Dinner — November 17 @ 6:00 p.m.
Enjoy a thanksgiving dinner with The Luxx community.