The semester is getting close to being over, and we hope you’ve been doing well! Be sure you’re keeping up with your schoolwork to finish the semester strong. Your CA is here to help you and provide support, if needed. Be sure to say hello to them and ask any questions you may have.
Residents, please make sure you are disposing of your trash properly:
- Containers with bagged trash should be placed outside your front door between 5–7 p.m. Service begins at 8 p.m.
- All trash must be in bags and securely tied.
- Only two bags will be picked up per evening.
- All boxes must be broken down and flattened.
If not complied with, the unit will receive one warning. If after the first warning the unit is again in violation, their container will be removed and/or a fine of $25 per bag will be issued to the unit.
Reminders & Updates
Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–4 p.m.
Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (210) 570-5533. Available seven days a week!
Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th.
If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please see Sylvia Sarzoza, our AGM, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues, lounge reservation requests, and event idea submissions, please contact our Resident Director, Colton Cockrell, at email@example.com.
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
Grocery Bingo — November 7 — Come out to win some groceries while playing a fun game of bingo!
Breakfast on the Go — November 14 — Stop by the office on your way to school and grab some breakfast on us!
A Luxx Thanksgiving — November 16 — The Luxx staff will be hosting and serving an early Thanksgiving dinner for all of our residents.
Luxx Info Session — November 20 — Have questions about your lease or the property? Come out to an informative Q&A and ask all the questions you want. Food and drinks will be provided!