I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this cool weather. This is one of our favorite times of the year because it gets a little cooler, pumpkin spice lattes are back, and you can eat all the pie you want without feeling guilty. Thanksgiving is approaching, so stay safe out there if you are planning on traveling anywhere. We will be having so many fun events this month like our annual Thanksgiving dinner, so we hope you all can make it!
Don’t forget to keep your pets or service animals on leashes at all times when they’re out of your apartment, and clean up after them.
When you put out your trash at night, make sure your bags are tied up and inside your trashcan.
Let your CA know if you want to join their zone GroupMe! It’s a great way to communicate with your CA and neighbors.
Reminders and Updates
The pool and hot tub areas are closed every Monday for cleaning.
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Check out the Career Success Portal. Did you know that your community offers you 24/7 access to millions of jobs and internships along with many tools to improve your resume and interviewing skills? Check out CareerSuccessPortal.com and create an account today!
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
Did you know you can build your credit history just by paying your rent? A strong credit history can help you with achieving personal and professional success. We have partnered with RentTrack to offer you the opportunity to have your rent payments reported to all three credit bureaus! Participants in this program have seen their credit scores go up an average of 51 points! Get more details and enroll today at renttrack.com/campusadvantage.
Community Events Calendar
Coffee and Donuts — November 2 @ 6:30 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse!
Luxx Scavenger Hunt — November 13 @ 4 p.m. — CAs Bryanna and Nancy will be having a scavenger hunt around The Luxx and giving away prizes! It starts at the volleyball courts.
Grocery Bingo — November 14 @ 6:30 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse!
DIY Tie-Dye — November 15 @ 6 p.m. — Bring your own items of clothing to tie-dye with CA Keziah.
Hot Cheetos and Cheese — November 16 @ 6 p.m. — CAs Macy and Tyler will be handing out Hot Cheetos with cheese in the clubhouse!
Thanksgiving Dinner — November 18 — We will be having our annual Thanksgiving Dinner in the clubhouse.
DIY Mason Jar — November 23 @ 6:30 p.m. — Come paint and decorate mason jars in the clubhouse!