It’s December, and that means a lot of our residents will be heading home for the holidays for extended periods of time. We would like to offer some tips for your apartment while you are gone. To save on energy costs, remember to leave your A/C or heating system off or on auto at a reasonable temperature, and make sure all lights or unused devices are off or unplugged. Check the fridge for any foods that could spoil while you are gone, and offer them to your roommates if they’re staying over the break so they don’t go to waste! Another helpful tip is to leave your room clean before you go — this way, you’ll come back refreshed and ready for school at the beginning of the semester. We also want to encourage you to renew your lease before you leave to take advantage of our great deals, and secure your space for next fall. Please submit any work orders online, over the phone, or in the office so we can get to them while you’re away. Lastly, happy holidays, enjoy your break, and be safe!
- The Luxx Management
Maintenance Tips or Special Highlight (roughly 75 words)
- Towing is now being enforced! Please make sure that your guests are parking in the designated guest spots located at the back of the property. Also, make sure if you have covered parking that you are parking in your assigned spot. If you need assistance finding your designated spot or need your covered parking pass, feel free to stop by the leasing office. Towing can cost up to $350.
- Renewals are worth big bucks right now! Sign a renewal lease and receive a $450 concession off next year’s rent. That’s rates as low as $562 a month! Stop by the office to find out more.
Reminders & Updates (any information you want to make sure residents are seeing regularly; roughly 125 words)
We have some new faces on the team and have rezoned our Community Assistants. The changes are listed below:
Alfonso — 1st and 2nd floors
Consuelo — 3rd and 4th floors
Ryder — Apartments 2101–2409
Chris — Apartments 2110–4416
Dominick — Apartments 2217–2425
Colton — Apartments 3101–3409
David — Apartments 3110–3416
Tim — Apartments 3117–3425
After-hours lockouts are $25 per occurrence. If you are locked out after hours, please call the office to be connected to the on-call courtesy line.
Don’t forget that rent is always due in full on the first of the month. Late fees start on the fourth.
We love our residents!
Learn. Celebrate. Observe. Grow.
The month of December marks a number of religious and cultural holidays. During this season, we encourage you to learn more about your friends and neighbors as we celebrate the differences that make us unique and the similarities that bring us together in our communities.
- December 6–14 is Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights. This eight-day Jewish holiday is observed by lighting candles on a menorah, one for each day of the festival.
- December 8 is Bodhi Day. This Buddhist holiday commemorates the day the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, reached enlightenment under the Bodhi tree at Bodhgaya, India.
- December 12 is Feast Day at Our Lady of Guadalupe. This day honors the belief that Jesus’ mother Mary appeared to a man in Mexico City in 1531.
- December 16–24 is Las Posadas. During this nine-day celebration — celebrated chiefly in Mexico, Guatemala and the southwestern United States — the trials Mary and Joseph endured during their journey to Bethlehem are reenacted.
- December 22 is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Worldwide, this has been recognized in various ways across cultures, including many focused on rebirth and renewal.
- December 25 is Christmas, an important holiday in the Christian religion representing the birth of Jesus Christ. It is traditionally celebrated with gift giving and candle lighting.
- December 26–January 1 is Kwanzaa, a weeklong African-American celebration started by Maulana Karenga in 1966 to celebrate universal African heritage in African-American culture. It is observed by lighting candles each day to represent each of the holiday’s seven core principles, culminating in a feast and gift giving.
We wish each of you a wonderful month and an enjoyable winter break!
Community Events Calendar
S’mores — December 1 from 7:00–8:00 p.m.
Join us at the pool fireplace for a tasty winter snack by the fire and a holiday movie.
Polar Express — December 2 from 6:00–8:00 p.m.
Come to the clubhouse for hot chocolate and one of everyone’s favorite childhood classic movies.
Holiday Ornament Decoration — December 4 from 6:00–7:00 p.m.
Take a study break and join us in the clubhouse to decorate a holiday ornament for the tree! Hint: They make great last-minute gifts for your mom!
The Luxx Rampage Renewal Event — December 6 @ 2:00 p.m. (12:30 p.m. for ice skating)
Renew your lease and get access to The Luxx’s private luxury suite at the San Antonio Rampage hockey game at the AT&T Center. Includes a build your own nacho bar. See office for details.
Home Alone — December 7 @ 6:00 p.m.
Come to the clubhouse for a holiday classic and some popcorn!
Ugly Christmas Sweater Party — December 9 from 6:00–7:00 p.m.
Put on that ugly sweater and stop by the clubhouse for some holiday treats, and see who has the worst (best) holiday sweater. There may even be a prize involved.
Karaoke — December 11 from 5:00–7:00 p.m.
Join us in the clubhouse for everyone’s awkward favorite pastime.