We hope everyone has had a great first couple of weeks of school. It’s almost Valentine’s Day! Don’t forget to show us some love with a good review. Please join us for our many events, which are great opportunities to meet new people and make new friends. And, of course, there will be food and prizes!
- Please remember that all dogs need to be on a leash while on the property unless they are in the enclosed dog park. Also, make sure to pick up after your pet!
- Smoking in your apartment is NOT allowed. Doing so can carry a fine of $100 per resident and lead to eviction with additional fines of $250 per resident. There is no smoking allowed in the lobby, clubhouse, parking garage, stairwells, elevator, or within 30 feet of any entry door to the buildings.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from noon–5 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (210) 570-5533 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Rent payments: Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 4th.
- If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please see Sylvia Sarzoza, our AGM, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues, lounge reservation requests, and event idea submissions, please contact our Resident Director, Consuelo Esters, at email@example.com.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Community Event Calendar
The BIG Game — February 5 from 5:30–9 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to watch the big game and cheer for your favorite team. Snacks and drinks will be provided while supplies last!
Candy Grams — February 7–13 — For the week before Valentine’s Day, you can drop by the office and send a Candy Gram to a fellow resident. The Luxx will be providing a sweet treat with a short message written by you.
Super Smash Bros. Video Game Tournament — February 8 @ 6 p.m. — Think you’re the best? Test your gaming skills and join us in the clubhouse for the Super Smash Bros. tournament!
Cajun Wednesday — February 15 from 3–5 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse and enjoy a bowl of delicious jambalaya!
Join the Paw-ty — February 16 from 6–7 p.m. — Bring your furry friend to the dog park and get ready for them to have a blast! Treats for the dogs and their human will be provided.
Board Game Night — February 22 @ 6 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse to relax and play board games with fellow residents. Snacks and drinks will be provided!
Get Linked — February 27 (All Day) — Need a professional picture taken for your LinkedIn profile? Stop by the office in business professional attire, and CA Colton will take your picture and send it to you.
Fat Tuesday — February 28 @ 4 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse and get ready to celebrate Mardi Gras! We’ll be providing tasty treats for everyone!