I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to you. My name is Victoria Trautman, and I am the new General Manager for The Luxx! I have been in the property management industry for over 24 years and am truly excited to be here with all of you. My wonderful staff and I are planning some awesome events for the year that I know will be exciting and fun for all! We’ll have a calendar of events for you to check out in these monthly newsletters and on the bulletin board in the hallway of the common areas.
Along with myself being new, we have new Community Assistants (CAs) that will be introducing themselves to you and letting you know your team name. We are planning a few contests between the teams, so get ready to be creative and be a part of the fun! We’ll be announcing some epic news in the coming weeks that is sure to get you excited and make you want to participate in our events.
I look forward to meeting all of you and having an awesome 2015–2016 school year!
Victoria Trautman, General Manager
1. NO SMOKING OF ANY KIND is to take place within the property or in your rooms or common areas. Smoking will result in fines, notification to your guarantors, and, if it is an illegal substance, we will notify the police.
2. Pets are allowed, but you must notify the office, pay a pet deposit, and pay monthly pet rent. Once your pet is approved and is living with you, you are responsible for cleaning up after your pet and keeping your pet on a leash. Stop by the office to grab a doggy treat!
3. Unauthorized residents — you are allowed to have a guest stay for three nights in any one 30-day period. This does not mean that your boyfriend, girlfriend, family member, or friend is allowed to live with you. This is against the rules and is unfair to your roommates, as well.
4. You must have a parking permit to park on the property. If you have registered and are paying for covered parking, you will have a special parking permit that will indicate the number on your space. If you are parked in a covered parking space with no permit, your vehicle will be towed at your expense. Please be courteous and do not park in someone else’s space!
5. Rent is due on the 1st, and we allow a grace period until the 3rd. On the 4th, late fees begin being assessed. Please be sure to pay your rent on time to avoid late fees and eviction.
Reminders & Updates
To keep our community pool enjoyable for all residents, we ask that you keep music at a respectful volume, and please refrain from having glass, pets, or any other prohibited items inside the pool gates. These rules will be strictly enforced, and any resident or guest of a resident found in violation of these will be asked to leave the pool and could incur fines. We also ask that residents wear their amenity bands and be with their guests at all times. Residents are responsible for their guests and any damage caused by them.
If you have an after-hours issue related to your apartment, we ask that you call the office to be connected with the appropriate person.
Living with Roommates
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there is actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting — Set aside time to get together and have proactive conversations about everyone’s preferences and expectations regarding cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others’ belongings or food, etc.
- Be open-minded — You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open-minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space — Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having some space to call their own. Make sure you share time in common areas and respect each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out — Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before they get out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation.
- Divide responsibilities — While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone does their part.
- Use conflict-resolution backup — While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. We’re trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but are also happy to help provide you with tips and tools to handle things yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care for each other’s well-being. The many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
Breakfast on the Go — October 5 from 8:30–10:30 a.m.
Travel with us to France and enjoy some delicious croissants and sparkling juice at the bus stop. There’s no better way to start your day!
Balls of Fury — October 5 from 5:00–7:00 p.m.
Come on down to The Luxx clubhouse for the annual table tennis tournament!
Yappy Hour — October 6 @ noon
Bring your dog by our pet party for a special treat!
Sweet Social — October 6 from 5:00–6:30 p.m.
Enjoy sweets from around the world at our sweet social!
Fit and Fun — October 7 from 1:00–2:30 p.m.
Come by and learn about Calamity, a fitness app that will help you lead a healthy lifestyle! Plus, we’ll have healthy snacks for you to grab before you head out.
First-Class Fest — October 8 from 5:00–8:00 p.m.
The Luxx is getting down on the ranch with a Texas-style festival! We’ll have a mechanical bull-riding contest along with barbecue beef on a bun, ranch beans, potato salad, sweet tea, and lemonade.
Special Delivery — October 9
Keep an eye out for our CAs who will be going door to door to deliver a special surprise!
The Walking Dead Watch Party — October 11 from 9:00–10:00 p.m.
Come join us in the clubhouse for pizza and The Walking Dead. During commercials, you could win prizes for the best zombie costume!
Trick or Beat! — October 16 from 6:00–8:30 p.m.
Join us in the flex studio for a dance competition to win some awesome candy prizes!
Trick or Treat Bingo — October 22 from 4:30–6:00 p.m.
Stop by the clubhouse and play bingo in order to win a Halloween goodie bag.
Pajama Party — October 22 from 6:00–8:00 p.m.
Come down to the clubhouse in your comfiest PJs!